BGD e-GOV CIRT has successfully participated on OIC-CERT Cybersecurity Drill – 2020 with 85% Score
The OIC-CERT Drill
An annual event for the OIC-CERT member teams with the objectives to:
- Test the communication capabilities of the members’ point of contacts.
- Check the processes and procedures in managing contingencies.
- Test the technical competencies of participating teams.
- Simulate cross border cooperation in mitigating information security incidents.
The Arab Regional Cyber Drill
An annual event organized by ITU-ARCC to expose the participants from the national Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) or incident response teams to various scenarios based on case studies and real-life situations, which provides them with an opportunity to test their skills and knowledge in responding to such attacks. The objective of Cyber Drill is to:
- Enhance the communication and incident response capabilities of the participating teams
- Ensure a continued collective effort in mitigating cyber threats among the Region’s national Computer Incident Response Teams (CIRTs).
This year, Oman National CERT and ITU-ARCC unified the efforts and extended the value of Cyber Drill for cross regional benefits and joint the OIC-CERT and Arab Regional CERT in one cyber Drill event “The 8th Arab Regional & OIC-CERT Cyber Drill 2020” which held on 22nd September 2020.
This year 25 countries participated in the drill including, Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia. Morocco, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tunisia, Sudan, Sri Lanka, UAE, Uzbekistan, Somalia, Syria, Qatar, Kuwait, KSA, Tanzania, Benin, India, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Theme of the 8th Arab Regional & OIC-CERT Cyber Drill 2020
The theme for 8th Arab Regional and OIC-CERT Cyber Security Drill 2020 was “Remote working and cyber threats”.
Activities of BGD e-GOV CIRT
BGD e-GOV CIRT team has participated in the OIC-CERT Drill 2020. The team has successfully completed all the activities regarding the event and scored 85% with a very competitive response time.
Final Score Board: