BGD e-Gov CIRT has the following units :
Incident handling Unit
BGD e-GOV CIRT will receive information regarding cyber security incidents, triage incidents and coordinate response. Possible activities related to incident handling include:
- Incident response support
- Incident analysis and evidence collection
Digital Forensic Lab
The important objective of CIRT LAB is to build capacity of students and government officials who are keenly interested in cyber security and digital forensic. It also helps the incident handling unit as reactive service after an incident occurs by providing forensic support on evidence included in the incident. Digital Forensic team is also capable of recovery and investigation of material found in digital device including mobile, PC, Drone or any IOT’s or computational devices. Service Workflow follows:
- Evidence Detection
- Evidence Acquisition
- Evidence Analysis/Examination
- Documenting and Reporting
Awareness Building Unit
Awareness is the ability to directly know and perceive, to feel, or to be cognizant of events. More broadly, it is the state of being conscious of something. The primary goal of awareness is to reach the message to the end user about the current cyber threat and its mitigation. It is very hard-hitting to reach every people about every incidents of cyber security or cyber threat and aware them continuously.
BGD e-GOV CIRT is also working for awareness of its constituencies. It publishes posters, leaflets, newsletters, web sites that explain security best practices and provide advice on precautions to take.
It publishes awareness article in English as well as local language for better understanding of its stakeholder. It frequently published the reports regarding the assessment of stakeholder application including the vulnerability and weakness. Additionally the quarterly, semi-annual, annual reports are published.
BGD e-GOV CIRT arrange workshops, seminar, and conferences for its constituencies. For preparing the stakeholders it arranges different level training session for different stakeholder. The training helps the stakeholder up-to-date with ongoing security knowledge and potential threats to the information security.
Cyber Sensor Unit
Detecting intrusion, suspicious activity & development of methodology of assessing maturity level of Critical Information Infrastructure in Bangladesh government IP network, thus sensor network is being implemented.
Development of Cyber Security Strategy, Assessment of Critical Infrastructure, Provision of
Self-Assessment Toolkit and Basic Cyber Security Package for Agencies
There are two main objectives of the project:
- Enhance national cyber security strategy to address cyber security as a country wide risk and a foundation for economic viability and develop CIIP strategy.
- Provide a basic cyber security package for the owners of CIIs by establishing common taxonomy of standards, guidelines and practices to strengthen Bangladesh critical infrastructure’s resilience to cyber threats.
The consultancy services will enable the Government of Bangladesh to:
- Evaluate the adequacy of National Cyber Security Strategy ratified in 2014 to ensure Bangladesh cybersecurity preparedness to prevent threats and cyber readiness to respond, mitigate and recover from cybersecurity incidents and fight against cybercrimes and revise it as necessary.
- Adopt a strategy for national CIIs protection with an actionable master plan.
- Adopt a cyber risk assessment framework for CIIs protection as part of CIIs governance and enterprise risk management processes to ensure proper and undisturbed functioning of CIIs.
To build up simulation lab for dealing with real life cyber security incident issues.