BGD e-GOV CIRT mission is to support government efforts to develop and amplify ICT programs by establishing incident management capabilities within Bangladesh, which will make these programs more efficient and reliable.
Main objectives of the BGD e-GOV CIRT are:
- Serving the role of the National CIRT of Bangladesh;
- Coordinating and responding to cybersecurity incidents in e-Government environment;
- Serving as a catalyst in organizing national cybersecurity resilience initiatives (education, workforce competence, regulation, cyber exercises) among various stakeholders;
- Other initiatives aimed at improving national cybersecurity posture.
To achieve this goal, BGD e-GOV CIRT during the first stage of its development will:
- Maintain security infrastructure of the National Data Centre (NDC);
- Monitor the network for the events that affect security of the NDC or services deployed in the NDC facilities;
- Carry out investigations and containment measures for such events in order to minimize data loss or service disruption;
- Help to recover from incidents which take part in the NDC;
- Carry out preventive measures in order to minimize disruptions of secure operations of the NDC;
- Participate in international cybersecurity initiatives;
- Build a cybersecurity workforce competence for establishment of National CIRT of Bangladesh.
Constituency of BGD e-GOV CIRT are all governmental institutions of Bangladesh using the NDC infrastructure to host their IT resources and services. BGD e-GOV CIRT extent of responsibilities is described by the following Autonomous System numbers, IP address space and domain names:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- 1. What can businesses do to protect themselves from cyber attack?
- Identify your vital assets
- Conduct a risk assessment and prepare practical and effective mitigation plan
- Approve risk mitigation plan and implement actions
- Do periodic awareness raising campaigns inside your company
For guidance on preparation of a practical and effective mitigation plan please look at Cyber Security Controls for Effective Cyber Defense provided by the Center of Internet Security.