BGD e-GOV CIRT has received full membership from OIC-CERT
Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC) is taking necessary measures to improve Bangladesh’s capability to manage the risks related to digital revolution and deal with fast growing cybercrime. Bangladesh e-Government Computer Incident Response Team (BGD e-GOV CIRT) was established at BCC under the project “Leveraging ICT for Growth, Employment and Governance Project (LICT)”.
What is BGD e-GOV CIRT?
The Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) investigates and resolves computer & cyber security incidents. CIRT entity is a key function for securing digital environment on the digital domain of the country.
BGD e-GOV CIRT mission is to support government efforts to develop and boot ICT programs by establishing incident management capabilities within Bangladesh, which will make these programs more efficient and reliable.
Recently, BGD e-GOV CIRT has got full membership from the Organization of The Islamic Cooperation – Computer Emergency Response Team (OIC-CERT) on date 18-07-2017. Vision of them is envisioning OIC-CERT to be a leading cyber security platform to make the world a safe cyber space. While the mission is as a platform to develop cyber security capabilities to mitigate cyber threats by leveraging global collaboration. It encourages all Member States to take the necessary measures, to encourage their national Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) to collaborate with the OIC-CERT, which will be a grouping dedicated in providing support and responding to computer security incidents.
The objectives include:
- Strengthening the relationships amongst CERTs in the OIC Member Countries, OIC-CERT partners and other stakeholders in the OIC member domain.
- Encouraging Experience and Information Sharing in Cyber Security.
- Preventing and reducing cyber-crimes, harmonizing cyber security policies, laws and regulations.
- Building Cyber security capabilities and awareness amongst member countries.
- Promoting Collaborative Research, Development and Innovation in cyber security.
- Promoting international cooperation with international cyber security organizations.
- Assisting OIC-CERT member countries with the establishment and development of their national CERTs
The Organisation of The Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has approved and accepted the Resolution on “Collaboration of Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) Among the OIC Member Countries.” Visit their official website for detail : https://www.oic-cert.org/en/index.html
HE Mr Saif Al Aleeli, Chairman of Deep-Tech Investment Fund and Umbra System (UAE) visited BGD e-GOV CIRT
26 Jan 2023 - News