WordPress versions 4.7.2 and earlier are affected by six security issues
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via media file metadata.
- Control characters can trick redirect URL validation
- Unintended files can be deleted by administrators using the plugin deletion functionality
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via video URL in YouTube embeds.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via taxonomy term names.
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) in Press This leading to excessive use of server resources
Impact: Intruder may perform malicious activity by exploiting above mention vulnerabilities.
Mitigation: Vendor has released new version (WordPress 4.7.3).
07 Jan 2021 - Security Advisories & Alerts
04 Jan 2021 - Security Advisories & Alerts